Re: [TenTec] OMNI-D Series C

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI-D Series C
From: Wade Staggs <tvman1954@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 13:18:13 -0500
*We recently helped a Friend set up a DDS type VFO on his Corsair. The
simple job of plugging it in and selecting External VFO, made this radio a
real keeper. I am now wanting the DDS type VFO for several of my old Boat
Anchors. He now talks on it exclusively and his Flex Radio seems to be
gathering dust! The thrill will probably wear off soon though because he
sure does like the Flex. The Corsair has however stopped his Doubling with
other stations. It seems that there is a 1 to 3 second lag time between
keying and actually transmitting with the Flex System. We have tried
several really High Powered Computers on his Flex System? This delayed
operation would drive me absolutely Crazy!*
*                                          73 to All from Wade/KJ4WS*