Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI must have a very quiet LO

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI must have a very quiet LO
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 09:59:22 -0500
If you heard the Omni VI rx audio before it goes through the dsp stage and
then on to the audio amp, I'm not sure you would call it very quiet.  ALL
audio above 3.4KHz is brick wall, low pass filtered in the dsp.  Without
that audio filter, the level of hiss in the Omni VI rx audio is very high.

73, Barry N1EU