[TenTec] ARGOSY 2

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] ARGOSY 2
From: ROLAND HOWELL via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2020 11:26:59 +0100 (BST)

Good morning Gents

For a change we have the sun out here today, I used to tell my outlaws that I was white because of all the rain washing the colour out of me, glad to say that my boys (53 and 51) have colour in them ha ha.

Now to more pertinent things, this (g)'s' meter, looking at the 91694 schematic I see that Q5 and Q6 are PNP types, 2N5087fitted, the parts list on the schematic shows them as 2N5089 which are NPN.

As the meter is not moving even with -79dBm (S9) I am wondering which is right, schematic or parts list.

I also found a 470ohm resistor across 1 leg of the R2 pot going to ground, removing it made no difference.

Whilst the PCB has the correct numbering ( 91694) it isn't in the same quality etching as the others boards, a later mod from the numbering range?.

Can anybody shed any light on this please, TQ

stay well and healthy

Snowy G0HZE