[TenTec] Orion 2 Screen Issue

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion 2 Screen Issue
From: Barry Simpson <vk2bj@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2020 20:47:49 +1000
Following on from my two previous posts, I had been experiencing the start
up issues for a few days and was going to get on with the A9 recap very
soon.

However, when the rig was booting up this morning, I caught a glimpse of a
small flash from the screen area. When it all settled down, I saw that the
screen has suffered two noticeable damage marks in between and level with
the top of the first two digits of the sub display.

They look like burn/short circuit marks and I wonder of that was what
caused the failure of one of the 22 ohm resistors in A9 - or vice versa.

Is there any source for replacement screens or do I just have to live with
it and hope that it doesn't get worse ?

Barry  VK2BJ