Re: Topband: high take-off angle

To: "Merv Schweigert" <k9fd@flex.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: high take-off angle
From: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 16:10:08 -0400
What does Eznec say about the lobe powers?

>From the comments of many using a generic L with dimensions all over the map
it seems that high angle does a lot of good as many are amazed how well it
works especially when an optimum ground is impossible to install.

A good friend was reluctant to try an L 2 years ago due to the many negative
comments. I urged him to try with just his mediocre 80M radials tied in and
he quickly began knocking off DX with ease. Eznec said he had that high
lobe.

The one thing about verticals in particular is that no 2 work alike unless
they are built identical over identical ground and topography.

I wish some would understand this and quit trying to use their own antenna
as the "golden sample benchmark" as we used to say in R&D.

YMMV

Carl
KM1H