Re: Topband: 160m dethroned? 600m the new top band?

To: "mailto:"@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 160m dethroned? 600m the new top band?
From: Paul <kermadec@email.it>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 12:00:44 +0100
At 17.16 13/02/2012 -0500, you wrote:
>Somewhere, somebody managed to get a TS-940 to transmit down there at around
>the 10 milliwatt level out of the transverter port. Ive been looking for
>that info but no luck yet.

Ten years a go i managed to pick up the pre-driver output of my FT-990 that
way: FT990 --->  converter ---> driver with TDA2030 ----> PA G0MRF with 4
mosfet IRFP450 ---> variometer ----> antenna.  The final output was linear
(no class D).
I transmitted at 10,137 KHz and the converter had a crystal at 10 MHz if
you transmit at 10,500 KHz it works but the driver (it is a BF integrate
amp) does not.  The final stage also works at 500 KHz, with an appropriate
low pass filter and a good fan, and i was able to do some test SSB/CW.
Here you can find the final: http://www.g0mrf.com/lf.htm and here my
construction: http://i4ewh.altervista.org/LongWaves/FinaleLF.htm (my site
is in italian language but you can see the pics).
If someone is able to design a good driver (5 or 6 W is enough) we can get
on the air easy.

Paolo I4EWH

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK