Re: Topband: one-way propagation

To: "Carl Clawson" <clawsoncw@gmail.com>, "topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: one-way propagation
From: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 21:51:01 -0500
It just goes to show that what looks good on paper in theory does not mean it HAS to be the same in the real world. There is nothing to prevent 2 signals a continent away and with different antennas from taking completely different paths when one is at either sunset or sunrise.

There hasnt been a book written yet to explain it all.

On a different note there was no way anyone would have believed that it was possible to work JA on 6M at the bottom of the cycle from New England yet several of us made the trip starting a few years ago. Experts are still arguing about that mechanism while on here one stands on a platform (not you Carl) and expects everything said to be believed without question.

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carl Clawson" <clawsoncw@gmail.com>