Re: Topband: 160M Rhombics

To: "Mike Waters" <mikewate@gmail.com>, "topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160M Rhombics
From: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 16:28:36 -0400
That excuse doesnt cut it Mike and from what I was told by those who were there his power would be considered pretty normal these days. You can only get so much out of a pair of 450TL's, 4-1000A's, etc.

Some on here that you seem to look up to run more than that.

OTOH you completely discounted Dons LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION.

Carl
KM1H

There were a lot of tall tales told about W6AM's rhombics. Don't base a
desire to have a rhombic on those fables.

And that's where the term "California Kilowatt" came from. I'm told his
rhombics were loud mostly for that reason. I forget what tubes were in his
amp, but they sure weren't 6V6s. ;-)

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com