[TowerTalk] Re: G5RV

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: G5RV
From: Didier Juges <didier@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 21:55:44 -0600
Mahlon,

I think you hit the nail on the head. The G5RV is a dipole with a matching network that gives it some acceptable properties on bands other than the band on which it works like a dipole.

Using the same radiating element with a different type of matching network (a tuner) and using low loss transmission line all the way from the tuner to the antenna (ladder line) is an even better way to drive the same radiating element.

Bottom line, Dino, enjoy your Random Length Wire On All Bands But One, Antenna With Low Loss Feedline And Tuner and have a blast. We could call it RLWOABBOAWLLFAT, but "modified G5RV" sounds better. It's also easier to send in CW :-)

73,
Didier KO4BB