Re: [TowerTalk] 160-m Inverted L or Sloper?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 160-m Inverted L or Sloper?
From: Doug Renwick <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 14:11:20 -0600
Well last year I put up an Inverted L (100' vertical, 70' horizontal)
with 20 full size radials on a separate tower and compared it
to my half slopers. I didn't do any transmit comparisons but my receive
comparisons were 2-3 S units down from the half sloper.  Admittedly I
didn't do the comparison using good specific comparison techniques for
a technical report.  But my 'ballparking' comparison gave me enough
information to decide whether to continue the testing or not.   My initial
evaluation did not warrant further Inverted L testing.  The test
configuration
is still in place as I haven't taken it down yet.  Maybe I will look at
it again as we all know that you cannot have too many antennas.

Doug/VA5DX

That's right Jerry, and that's really the bottom line. The
best we can hope for is a tie with a shunt fed or series fed
vertical or Inverted L. The worse is something much worse
than that.