Re: [TowerTalk] Stacking Dissimilar Antennas

To: "Mark Beckwith" <n5ot@n5ot.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Stacking Dissimilar Antennas
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 09:40:43 -0400
This is true, of course, but an even more important advantage, IMO, is take-off
angle diversity; simply by switching from both antennas to the bottom one, I
often find that it will revitalize a European run that had seemed to be drying
up.  Top-only does not have the same effect, because the center of the first
lobe is still at the same angle as the stack, or very close to it.

73, Pete