Re: [TowerTalk] How to disassemble a boom?

To: Mike <hinrgdj@gmail.com>, "georgeK5KG@aol.com" <georgek5kg@aol.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How to disassemble a boom?
From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2014 20:11:53 -0400
I to have damaged stubborn booms with  chain wrench, To much pressure at the
fulcrum pivot point.
I have two rubber straps  wrenches, I use then UP  the tower to rotate  booms
for element maintenance
 To many time I  have seen the guy grab the nearest element to level the boom
and  Now we end up with trouble . So these guys  come in Handy.
http://www.sears.com/craftsman-2-pc-strap-wrench-set/p-00945570000P   I have
loosend  booms with them but the truth is I had the mast bracket lagged to a
wooden horse

and had two straps as the  twisting pulling  tool. another flat boom to mast
plate would be the next plan of attack if the wrenches failed and the do not
always budge a stubborn
over tightened boom...

Wayne W3EA