Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Base Bolts and Epoxy

To: Bill <bmarx@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Base Bolts and Epoxy
From: Mickey Baker <fishflorida@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2016 16:14:29 -0500
Bill and all,

My crank up is bolted to three 3/4" diameter lengths of all-thread held in
place in 7/8" holes (prepared as specified by the manufacturer) using
Simpson Strong Tie two part construction adhesive. I used the two tubes and
dual-caulk gun type device with the mixing nozzle. Worked out perfectly.
The bond is stronger that the steel.

Mickey N4MB

On Tuesday, March 8, 2016, Bill <bmarx@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> What is the correct epoxy please?
> Bill W2CQ
>
> On 3/8/2016 3:41 PM, K7LXC--- via TowerTalk wrote:
>
>>   I have an existing 25G tower base that is damaged and  needs replacing.
>>>
>> Two of the four existing bolts align to the new base - What  experience
>> and
>> advice would the group offer regarding drilling the concrete,  inserting a
>> bolt and epoxy it in ?
>>        Easy peasy. Just do what you describe and  you'll be all set.
>> Contractors do this sort of thing everyday.
>>   Cheers,
>> Steve      K7LXC
>> TOWER TECH

Mickey Baker, N4MB
Fort Lauderdale, FL
*“Tell me, and I will listen. Show me, and I will understand. Involve me,
and I will learn.” *Teton Lakota, American Indian Saying.