Re: [TowerTalk] F12 C19XR Rivets

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] F12 C19XR Rivets
From: "Jeff DePolo" <jd0@broadsci.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2016 13:33:36 -0500
> There are plenty of reasons that this capacitance scenario is
> bogus. It
> would be nearly impossible to maintain a spacing of 1 mil or
> 3 mils between
> conductors with the pressure created by the element weight
> and wind forces.
> Then  there is the ever changing dielectric constant of joint
> compound as
> moisture  comes and goes with rain. There is the loss tangent
> of the dielectric
> as  well.

It seems to me what's really being overlooked is the skin effect.
Regardless of what method(s) are used to mechanically secure the joints, I
have to believe that slit tubing and a hose clamp placed very close to the
end of the outer tube is the best from an electrical perspective.  Well,
welding/brazing would truly be best, but you get the idea...

                                --- Jeff WN3A

---