Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: MA40 and T2X rotor off center

To: Bob K6UJ <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: MA40 and T2X rotor off center
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2018 16:16:12 -0600
At least my T2X manual says 2 1/16”. It must be right because I use 1/32” shims
with my 2” mast and all is perfect.

Now for an embarrassing admission: I was ignorant of this for nearly 20 years
and couldn’t understand why my relatively modest antenna load would regularly
chew up my rotator, nor did I understand why, no matter what I did, the rotator
would sound like it was binding as it rotated. Once I realized my foolishness,
I added the shim and, just like magic, I’ve had no more problems.

Kim N5OP

"People that make music together cannot be enemies, at least as long as the
music lasts." -- Paul Hindemith