Re: [TowerTalk] Force12 rebuild

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Force12 rebuild
From: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2019 10:17:37 -0600
I'd think SS would be heavy and lossy.

73,
Scott K9MA

On 12/21/2019 10:12, Robert Harmon wrote:
Kris,

I have a JK 403 40M yagi.  It does not use the linear loading wires like the
older Force 12 did.  It uses a small shunt coil at the antenna feed points.
How about using stainless steel rod ?
I don't know what the diameter of the wires are but I just looked at an on line company
that has 1/4" dia, 316 SS rod it up to 144" long.
SS should outlast the alumaweld.

Bob
K6UJ