Re: [TowerTalk] Ham-IV rotator brake noise

To: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ham-IV rotator brake noise
From: tommy@k6ye.com
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 17:41:04 -0600
Kim,

I used to live in Broomfield in the Country Estates portion. I had a Hy-Gain HG-54HD with a Force-12 C4-XLD yagi. My neighbors were not receptive after I put it up in 2005 CE. Delivery people always saw my "monstrosity" but usually commented favorably.

I moved back to California in 2015 CE and currently live in Santa Clarita. My new setup includes a US Towers HDX-555 and a 4-element SteppIR. I like the old Tailtwister rotators but am currently using a Yaesu 28000SDX and it is rock steady. I have only received flak once. Note well that in all instances, I announced to all nearby neighbors of my intentions AND obtained permits prior to construction. YMMV.

Semper Fi,

Tommy - K6YE
DX IS and CW RULES