Re: [VHFcontesting] Renewing Interest in VHF Contesting

To: <N3AWS@aol.com>, <w2ev@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Renewing Interest in VHF Contesting
From: "David Hinton" <ke4yyd@gtcom.net>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 08:35:26 -0400
There are many VHF FM operators that could be enticed to work FM in contests
if we could persuade them.  In my area most 2 meter contesters hang out on
144.200 and move off when contacts are initiated.  Since 146.520 is taboo
why not a FM contest calling freq such as 146.535 or such so that FM' ers
will know where to look.  I often log 3 or 4 FM contacts from locals who
chat on 146.565.  They are always glad to help and I am sure if there was a
national FM contest calling freq we could get more FM'ers to contest and
perhaps after the bug bites they would move SSB or CW.

David
KE4YYD EL79