Re: [VHFcontesting] question about portable operator class

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] question about portable operator class
From: Bob Witte K0NR <list@k0nr.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 18:40:14 -0600
It is worth noting that the CQ WW VHF Contest has a slightly different
approach to QRP entry categories:

Single-Op All-Band QRP.
There are no location restrictions – home or portable – for stations
running 10 watts output or less.

Hilltopper. This is a single-op QRP portable category for an all-band
entry limited in time
to a maximum of 6 continuous hours. Backpackers and portables who do not
want to
devote resources and time to the full contest period are encouraged to
participate,
especially to activate rare grids. Any power source is acceptable.

 From http://www.cq-amateur-radio.com/VHFContest_Rules2006050206.pdf

I find the 6 hour Hilltopper category fun, especially for "backpack
portable" operations.

73, Bob K0NR