Re: [VHFcontesting] VHF sked alternative

To: "'George Fremin III'" <geoiii@kkn.net>, <k4gun@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] VHF sked alternative
From: "Jim Worsham" <wa4kxy@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 15:07:38 -0500
While I agree with much of what you say in principle, it is almost
impossible to make contacts on the higher (microwave) bands with out making
schedules.  It is hard enough with the schedule!  Speaking for myself and
the W4NH crew wich I am a member of, we generally don't make a lot of
schedules for the lower bands (50 - 432 MHz).  Not that we have a
philosophical problem with making schedules, we just haven't found them to
be that productive.  A lot of folks miss the schedule and many times we end
up working them anyway.  We will work schedules if someone asks but we don't
solicit them.  As you said, we have found that having good equipment, good
location, good operators and just sitting in front of the rig calling CQ and
tuning around gets the job done.

73
Jim, W4KXY