[VHFcontesting] rover rules

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] rover rules
From: Steve Piotrowski <stevepio@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 13:11:38 -0800 (PST)
Ev, I think some of the resistance is a matter of the cure being worse than the
disease.

Personally, I like being able to move around. A lot. Rovers Rove. I worked you
this past contest from a couple grids if memory serves. and I re-visited those
grids several times each and worked a ton more stations. If I were prohibited
from doing that we would not have had our QSOs, as you started late because of
a family commitment, or I would have missed several others and they would have
missed me. And then sunday we drove to syracuse and activated 2 more grids AS
WELL AS two I had run on saturday. Again, a ton more contacts that would have
not been. An then as we drove back on sunday we worked a bunch on FM as we
drove between grids, all of which would have been lost to your proposed
solution.

So yes, your proposition does fix the grid circlers. It would ruin me too and
thats why I can't support it.

And it's not personal. You know I'm not like that.