Re: [VHFcontesting] Contesting Philosophy

To: "'George Fremin III'" <geoiii@kkn.net>, "'Nate Duehr'" <nate@natetech.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Contesting Philosophy
From: "Jim Worsham" <wa4kxy@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 22:34:09 -0400
W4NH doesn't do a lot of skeds either but not because of any philosophical
issues.  We guys in the Southeast enjoy reading all of these discussions
about the validity of the various modes, skeds, etc.  Down here our
philosophy about VHF contesting is we will work anyone anywhere using any
mode, band, etc. that we and they have.  We can't afford to be snobs about
it.  Anyway, we used to spend a lot of time making skeds with various
stations usually late Saturday night and early Sunday morning.  We found out
over the years that we ended up working 95% of the stations we sked with
anyway so it just seemed kind of stupid to spend a lot of time doing it.
That having been said, we welcome skeds with anyone who wants one.  We just
don't go out and actively solicit for them.

73
Jim, W4KXY

It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart
you are.  If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.
Richard P. Feynman