Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] VUCC On Indoor Antennas [ Help with confirmati

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] VUCC On Indoor Antennas [ Help with confirmations ]
From: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2014 17:39:20 -0500
On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 3:35 PM, Jonesy W3DHJ via VHFcontesting
<vhfcontesting@contesting.com> wrote:

> I remember, in my early 6M days, seeing the "First Hop" donut develop
> as I colored in the grid squares.  And, over time, seeing the "2ND Hop"
> show up.
>
> I use a yellow hi-lighter to color in the "just worked" grid square.
> Later, after QSL confirmation, I use a blue hi-lighter to color over
> the yellow square -- turning it an appropriate green.

I like the hi-liter idea.  I use a pencil on my O-Fish-L ARRL grid
map.  Corner to corner one way for worked, corner to corner the other
way once confirmed.  And then a teeny tiny two in between if I've got
them on 144 as well which gets circled once confirmed.  Way fewer
little twos.  Over 200 on 6 though.

Now, if I can just convince more ops on the ultra highs that both TQSL
and the documentation needed to get on LOTW no longer suck (really,
they don't), then I'd have more than 124 confirmed that way.
Actually, one more and I guess I can get an endorsement.

No indoor antennas at N5UWY, but the majority of those QSOs were made
on an 80-40 trap dipole.  :-)