Re: [VHFcontesting] Changing from WSJT to SSB...

To: "'Marshall-K5QE'" <k5qe@k5qe.com>, "'VHF Contesting'" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Changing from WSJT to SSB...
From: <barry@k7bwh.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 19:58:52 -0700
I suspect the radio is not their source of difficulty. If others have a setup
like mine (radio with built-in USB port) then the trouble comes from sharing
the CAT control. My logger that I use during SSB wants exclusive use of the
port, until I switch to WSJT which then itself wants exclusive use of the USB
port. The changeover can take a little care and attention to keep the computer
happy. It sounds like you've avoided that by going to manual frequency control
(actually manual radio presets), but as for me I like to let WSJT and my logger
always stay in sync with (and control) the radio's frequency.
73 Barry K7BWH
Seattle, WA  CN87us