Re: [WriteLog] SSB through Sound card

To: <writelog@contesting.com>, "Joe Stepansky" <kq3f@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] SSB through Sound card
From: Jim Rhodes <k0xu@iowadsl.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 08:27:05 -0500
Another trick I have used is to use the radio monitor through the line-in jack. Either inhibit transmit or reduce power to min & use dummy load. When you do this you will want to turn the proc off.

At 07:21 AM 9/10/03, WA9ALS - John wrote:
> Problem solved, at least for now.  I had to turn the volume on the
speakers
> all the way up to hear the file contents.  Now I'll connect things to the
> radio to see if there's enough volume.  Thanks!

I doubt there will be.  What mic are you using?  If I record with my Heil
Proset plugged into the soundcard, I get barely audible recordings, but if I
use a cheap computer mic, it has plenty of volume.  You either need a preamp
or a different mic.  73 - John, WA9ALS