RE: [WriteLog] Shifted F-Key SSB Messages Not Working

To: "Eric Hilding" <dx35@hilding.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] Shifted F-Key SSB Messages Not Working
From: "Garry Shapiro" <garry@ni6t.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 23:27:43 -0800
Rick:

I just re-read your message. I had been distracted by a stressful phone call
when I just sent the first reply, so I sent a fractured response, for which
I apologize. Let's try again.

* Shift-Fx DOES NOT PLAY .WAV FILES. Shift-Fx records .wav files on-the-fly
to the FIRST set of SSB locations. These correspond key to key, except for
F1/F11. Record to F11, play it with F1--usually the CQ message. It does not
record directly to F1 because of F1's relationship to Windoze Help--same as
CW.

* The second set of SSB messages is entered from the keyboard into the setup
window and can be composed of standard % functions and .wav files, e.g.
%C<msg22.wav>%<msg10.wav>, and are not recorded directly with a
microphone---at least to my knowledge.

* To play back the second set, you need to define or redefine keys to
correspond with the functions listed in the Keyboard Shortcuts window. That
was what I referred to in my previous message--don't select the CW message
functions. The window list in Keyboard Shortcuts shows what is -presently-
defined.

* The new functional definitions you want are in the Add Shortcut subwindow
at the bottom of that window. Here's what I tried to say in the prior
message--you want the definitions that pertain to phone.

* Press Next Key Pressed and it displays Waiting for Keystroke. Press the
key on the keyboard that you wish to define, e.g. "`". Then, scroll down to
the function you want to access, e.g. "MessageShiftPh04". Note the
difference between that and "MessageShift04" which is a CW message. Press
"Add Shortcut" and you should have it. Then "`" plays the Shift 04 SSB
message.

Garry, NI6T