Re: [WriteLog] PC Shuts Down w/ Serial Cable Connected

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] PC Shuts Down w/ Serial Cable Connected
From: "Bob Gates" <regates@kingwoodcable.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 13:02:42 -0600
SHAZAAM!  Many thanks to you all for your suggestions, most of which were
related to the UPS.  I had previously uninstalled the old UPS software before
installing the new, but that didn't seem to "take".  Followed Bruce Ferry's
suggestion to go into the Power Options section of the Control Panel and
changed
the manufacturer to "none".  That cured it.  The PC is now following frequency
changes on the rig, and NO shutdowns.  Can't believe I missed the obvious clue,
which was the PC going through the shutdown procedure, just like the UPS is
designed to do.  Well, yes I can.

Again, many thanks!  Will probably be back as I get into the audio setup.

73, Bob W7BJ