Re: [WriteLog] WL S&P plus Run modes?

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WL S&P plus Run modes?
From: Eric Hilding <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 17:08:31 -0700
My fellow NCCC member & CQP Guru AL, AD6E wrote:

 > The Locust is a bit insulting when he suggests an advanced CW mode that
 > does little "advancement" for those of us who can type reasonably well. If
 > he needs a crutch for poor typing skills, then maybe we should call it
 > that.

HA!  But it's not really about the typing as much as NOT having to do some
*unnecessary* things...and using more Automation for a significant
time-savings.  As previously stated, I now like the term "Alternative
Contesting Mode" vs. the initial suggestion.

Like yourself, I took a typing class in school.  It was in the 9th grade,
because the class was primarily made up of cute girls :-)  Back then, I got
to 120WPM with no errors on a 5 minute timed test.  But now at 61, umh, I
am too often Mr. fumble-fingers.  That's one reason the weekly NCCC NS
"practice sessions" are so good.

I'll buy you a pitcher of beer at the next NCCC meeting and we can chat in
more detail about this issue.

73...

Rick, K6VVA (a/k/a The Locust)