Re: [Yaesu] FT890 strange behavior

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT890 strange behavior
From: David Robbins <k1ttt@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 06:33:17 -0500 (CDT)
the physical distance between the radio and the supply is not a factor, it is
either rf being picked up by the cables to the supply or the radio is
overloading it and it is shutting down.  now normally that supply should handle
that radio, but if there is rf getting back into the radio it could be drawing
excessive current.

two key things you don't describe are the antenna and ground system... start
there.

brute force fix... clamp on ferrites on power leads to and from the astron and
also on the antenna, mic, and any other connections to the radio.