[3830] CWopsT N8XX QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8xx@arrl.org
Subject: [3830] CWopsT N8XX QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2017 20:47:53 +0000
CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Mar 8

Call: N8XX
Operator(s): N8XX
Station: N8XX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: MICHIGAN
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:   0
   80:   0
   40:  15
   20:   0
   15:   0
   10:   0
------------
Total:  15  Mults = 15  Total Score = 225

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Conditions were good. Number of stations on 40 was mizzable - for at least the
first 30 minutes. Had 9 Q's in 30 minutes, and then an alligator with W4 prefix
who couldn't hear a signal less than s9++ plopped down on the same frequency I
was using.  I stood my ground for 10 minutes or more, and he was having to ask
for fills occasionally, but since he couldn't hear signals less that 99 over 9,
my puny signal wouldn't both him.  Bothered the stations he was working more
than those he heard, because he must have had lots of local noise.

Anyway, after 10 or 15 minutes, I moved a bit, worked a few, until the hord
descended on 40 and there was no room for a pip squeak signal.  Worked a few at
7039.2 KHz, and wound up with a magnificent 15 total.

Thanks to all who found me.  Quite a few of the Reverse Beacon network found a
signal 15 dB or better SNR, so I knew I was getting out.

2 CWA stations in the log - congrats to these two and all the other CWA
students. And, congrats to the vast majority (well over 50% vast) who operated
at 20 WPM or less.  The speed demons were in a small minority during this
event! Then there was a W0 who called me at about 8 WPM, who I gladly slowed
down.  This exchange made me wonder how many CWop members would listen through
an initial call @ 8 WPM like "N8XX DE WZ0ZZZ K" instead of totally
ignoring the buddy CW ham..... hmmmmm....

Anyway, thanks for the Q's.  I'll attempt to be on at 0300Z, though other
things often get in the way of this time of the evening.