[3830] CWopsT K9ZO HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K9ZO HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 20:53:36 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Jan 23

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Illinois
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:   83
   20:   61
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  144  Mults = 135  Total Score = 19,440

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Started on 20.  Band was dead, but did pick up one EU.  W6 was weak, east coast
OK.  Went to bidirectional mode.  Never had multiple guys calling, but 60 QSOs
after half and hour was OK.

Band change to 40 at 19:30Z, but maybe a couple minutes earlier would have been
good, but new mults are always appreciated. Signals loud, and to a different
area than 20, so only 9  guys were not mults.  That never happens! Received on
the 40 inverted vee instead of the SAL30 since the band was quiet and stations
were coming from all directions.

Got some snow shoveling in, and good sleep, so feeling pretty good.

N4ETC covered up K7AZT three times while I was trying to get 7?  Cost me some
QSOs, but the DXpedition experience is to stick with the guy you are trying to
work, even if he is weak.  The same courtesy will be extended to all stations.
I rarely give up, and sometimes have to do a lot of antenna switching to find
the right one.