[3830] CWopsT K9ZO HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K9ZO HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2020 04:13:07 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Jun 25

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Illinois
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  118
   20:   35
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  153  Mults = 136  Total Score = 20,808

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Started on 20. There were good signals, but not many.  Called CQ a lot so went
to 40 at 0315Z.  At 0319 had 52 QSOs.  At 0334Z had 95 QSOs. Surprise!  The 40
meter SteppIR worked, but not much prop to the east.  At 0345Z had 118. Called
CQ an awful lot, but didn't think it would be useful to go to 80 with only a
short amount of time left.

Tired.  I worked on the cables between the tower and garage.  The 160 inverted
vee and 80 vertical run all the way.   Next thing is to extend the SteppIR 10
-40 and the 40/80 inverted vee and see how long the control cables are for the
SteppIR and rotor.  Then I can determine how I am going to remote them.

The Flex 6600 seems deaf to me.  Had to crank up the RF gain almost to max to
hear the weak guys and the noise from the Flex amp covers them up.  I'll have to
cut down a big tree before long.  It is getting into the guy wire and covered up
the view of the tower from the road, so likely will plant something else in
place of it.