[AMPS] Splatter

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Splatter
From: andrew@gi0nwg.demon.co.uk (Andrew Williamson)
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 1997 01:51:14 +0100
>> Amen to that,  Carl.  3mA to 10mA of grid current is bad news for a
>> 4CX10000A.   For a pair of 4CX800As, its downtown nutsville.  OTOH, there
>> is no FCC spec. for spurious feculence/splatter INSIDE the ham bands.
>> Rich---

Hi guys,

I don't know much about amps or tubes but I'm learning a LOT from the
discussions on this reflector.  That's why I subscribed.  So, here's a
question which I hope isn't too far off topic.

As a user of an ETO91b which uses a pair of 4CX800A/GU-74b's can anyone
tell me what the grid current is when the red 'grid max' light
illuminates.  Is it in the 3-10mA range that is 'nutsville'.  I'd hate
to damage the tubes as I believe they are quite delicate in the grid
current area, even if they are cheaper than 3CX800's.

Vy 73,

Andrew Williamson GI0NWG / AC6WI