[AMPS] More amplifier experiments

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] More amplifier experiments
From: w8ji.tom@MCIONE.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 08:34:59 +0000
To: <amps@contesting.com>
> Date:          Fri, 29 May 1998 02:03:07 -0400 (EDT)
> From:          km1h@juno.com
> Subject:       Re: [AMPS] More amplifier experiments

> I would be interested in what  L value you found in the 5W versions?

About 60 nanohenries at a test frequency of 100 MHz.

What is the test frequency and inductance measuring capability of
your equipment? Does the "Tek 130" measure and display
both resistance and reactance?

> As far as brand, I talked to a Mouser Product Mgr today and was assured
> that a particular catalog part #  was directly connected to a particular
> manufacturer. If they changed sources the part # would change.  The 5W
> that I buy are made by Xicon and the mgr said that if Xicon sources from
> different countries the specs are identical..

Inductance is not a normal spec, and is not considered in evaluating
non-specialized resistor sources.

Have you cut one of your "non-inductive" resistors open and looked at
the construction?

Seriously, I'd like to find a high-power non-inductive metal film
resistor. I hope your data is correct on this one, because carbon
composition resistors are getting expensive.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji.tom@MCIONE.com