[AMPS] More amplifier experiments

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] More amplifier experiments
From: jono@webspun.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Fri, 29 May 98 10:07:18 -0500
>The same goes for the series resistor we put in the high voltage line to
>limit the current. I see references to non-inductive resistors for this
>application all the time, but this resistor is switched in series with
>the plate RFC.

IMHO, an inductive resistor here does not matter.  For one, there should
be little to no RF at this point in the circuit. Two, it's in series with
an inductor and three I think the transient response of an inductor
(initially looks like an open circuit) might actually help limit the
current even more.  The third I am not sure of since it's been a while
since I've done DC transient analysis.  I know on initial power up an
inductor will look like an open circuit until it is fully charged.  What
about when current changes?  Isn't there a response time for current to
change in an inductor?  If so, in a current limiting application, an
inductive resistor would be desirable.

As for in the RF part (supressor), I feel that the resistor should have
as little L as possible.

73,

Jon
KE9NA