[AMPS] Dollars per dB

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Dollars per dB
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 17:24:59 -0500

On Fri, 1 Jan 1999 15:06:52 -0500 ab2et@juno.com (Zdzislaw R Sawicki)
writes:

>The BIG S-N-I-P---
>
>It Makes Some cents but Boy-oh Boy are you L-O-N-G-E Winded.

I napped twice while TRYING to read it myself.

BTW DO
>NOT and I say it again DO NOT give up your paper route, You WILL
>need it to pay for the POWER that the QRO AMP sucks up .... hi hi A
>better and more efficient ANTENNA with about 300-500 W on it WILL
>outperform any High Power AMP...
>73's
>And a Happy New Year

A KW amp used properly will possibly reduce ur electric bill. There is
nothing more aggravating in a pileup than to listen to the 100W wet
noodle stations causing non stop QRM for hours.  I prefer the in and out
procedure myself.  Did enough of that hours long crap years ago.

100W is better for filament power.

73  Carl  KM1H