[AMPS] ARRL and QST

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] ARRL and QST
From: n4kg@juno.com (T A RUSSELL)
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 06:37:18 -0600
On Tue, 26 Jan 1999 18:03:19 -0600 Andy Wallace <andywallace@home.com>
writes:

>Shrinking of QST and the lack of interest by Techs in the ARRL is real
>simple--

>the ARRL preoccupation with CW, an archaic mode of communication
>that all commercial users and the military have long since dropped.

>CW is
>fine for hobbyists but to make it a requirement to get an advanced ham
>license is plain stupid as we head into the millinium. I find it real
>interesting that Techs can legally use high power at frequencies more
>dangerous and demanding than HF--go figure.
>
>Andy  K5VM

You  don't  use, or like, CW, so you want to drop it from the
requirements.
Why should YOU have to put forth any time and effort to learn something
YOU have no interest in?    The requirement should be dropped, right?

I have no interest in RTTY or the digital modes, or VHF.   Let's drop
those.

Many, believe it or not, have little interest or use for SSB.  Let's drop
SSB
related questions from the exam  for that group.

In fact, let's not require any KNOWLEDGE or UNDERSTANDING of  RADIO
at all.  Give anyone who wants a radio the license to operate wherever
they please without requiring them to expend any time and effort, after
all,
it's their RIGHT, right?

Let  the VOICE of the ignorant and lazy be heard !

de   Tom   N4KG

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]