[AMPS] ARRL and QST

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] ARRL and QST
From: wrt@eskimo.com (Bill Turner, W7TI)
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 12:01:00 GMT
On Wed, 27 Jan 1999 06:37:18 -0600, T A RUSSELL <n4kg@juno.com> wrote:
<snip>
>You  don't  use, or like, CW, so you want to drop it from the
>requirements.
>Why should YOU have to put forth any time and effort to learn something
>YOU have no interest in?    The requirement should be dropped, right?
Ham radio is the only hobby I can think of where one is "forced" to
learn a skill they don't want and will probably never use.  If you're
taking up photography, are you forced to learn developing?  If you're
taking up woodworking, are you forced to learn the art of inlays?  I
could go on and on, but you get the point.  I have an extra class and
am proud of it, but I don't see any point in forcing someone else to
learn something against their will.  The operative word here is HOBBY,
remember?

73, Bill W7TI