[AMPS] Chokes and Dipping chokes?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Chokes and Dipping chokes?
From: zuluhe@hotmail.com (Bill Murphy)
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 22:44:06 PST
I have just completed several homebrew chokes, the question is what is
the most effective way to use a dip meter to check these chokes for
resonance. I have tried several coupling methods, but the dips change
depending on  how you couple the dip meter to the choke. I seem to get
very sharp 30>200mhz dips, but the <30 mhz seem weak. I am using 2 turn
coupling on the end of the choke, there is a 5" lead between the
coupling turns and the choke base. I noitice that if i direct couple the
dip meter to the base of the choke the dips change freq. Maybe its just
my pathetic Jap Dip meter. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Bill Murphy.
yes still alive and well after my 4cx5000 conversion!