[AMPS] ICE VHF bandpass filters

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] ICE VHF bandpass filters
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 99 10:52:42 -0500
Hi all,

Does anyone here have any experiments with ICE's VHF bandpass filters
(such as the Model 412, etc.).  I ask because my 2M units failed rather
promptly and my 6M unit failed within a couple of CW calls.  I only have
Mirage amplifiers so I am running well below the power capability of the
devices.  So far ICE has been good to repair stuff, but I don't want to
keep mailing them filters.  I have their 8KW LPF on the output of my HF
amp and that seems to work FB, but I am real nervous about their VHF
models.  Last night when the 6M unit failed, it had gotten hot.  The caps
inside were almost too hot to touch.

Is anyone else successfully running these filters after their VHF bricks?
 So far I have had all three fail (1 6M and 2 2M filters).

Thanks es 73,

Jon
KE9NA

Jon Ogden