[AMPS] Re: Ferrite Rod for 6M Amp

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: Ferrite Rod for 6M Amp
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 08:18:56 -0400
Hi Peter,

I'm not talking about perfectly designed receivers, I was conveying
how my FT-1000 actually measures.

The worse thing in my FT1000 was the MOSFET in the noise
blanker left hanging on the IF strip even when the noise blanker
was off.

When the blanker was off, that FET remained biased heavily into
conduction, causing all kinds of IMD and cross mod.

After repairing that design error, the next worse problem was the
RF amp with four push-pull parallel FET's.