[AMPS] handles for cheap...

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] handles for cheap...
From: nospam4me@juno.com (Skip S Isaham)
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 02:09:04 EDT
re: tubes with handles... prices and availability.

[much snipage from the previous posts]

>  Most hams are so terrified of a tetrode with 10,000w of dissipation,
>they will sell cheap.  My guess is that an 8171 can be found at a
>reasonable price on rec.radio.swap.

Or Ebay,  I bought a brand new handle tube (in the box) for about $400 a
few months back. Your results may vary... mine haven't.

: Yeah, but Rich, unless they trip over one at an estate sale, MOST hams
: wouldn't even come into possession of one in the first place.

I paid less for any one of my handle tubes than I did to re tube my BTI
with a new 3-1000z. Glass bottles are very pretty to actually look at
during operation... handle type tubes are more fun to watch the actual
result on the meters.

cheers

skipp     wv6f
nospam4me@juno.com