[AMPS] handles for cheap...

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] handles for cheap...
From: wc6w@juno.com (Radio WC6W)
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 21:34:28 EDT
Here is a "handles" price point...

   I have for sale a large 8171/4CX10000D linear that was under
construction by an SK friend.  It.is just sort
of started.  Socket mounted, air system complete, nothing much wired.

   The valuable parts are:

  A  4CX5000A used (the best of 4 which he owned at one point)
  A  4CX10000D (used)
  An Eimac SK-300 socket, fairly good used condition (only a couple of
the contact fingers are broken),
  SK-306 & SK-1306 chimneys (one for each tube)
   A new looking filament transformer marked 7.5 V 100 Amps.
   A Johnson 200-205 ribbon coil -- 15 uh looks fairly new      T

  There are two new Groth turn count dials on the front panel but, the
knobs for these dials which I think I saw laying around a couple months
ago, are no longer in sight and may or may not turn up.
  A older 8" or so cube shaped transformer with some diode strings on top
that I suspect are for the screen.   There is also a string of six 200V
50W zeners with heatsinks mounted to the side of the cabinet, obviously
for
the screen.   A choke for the screen supply.

   And two or three more small transformers that may be for control or
grid bias.

   The air system has a plexiglass plenum and an apparently new dual
squirrel cage fan.  The fan is just hooked up with test leads.... There
is a commercial manometer with its tube attached to the plenum but the
manometer itself is not mounted to anything.

   The cabinet is a gray 24" panel size rack type.  There is a panel for
the front of the amp and a latch released door for the back.  There are
no panels in the front below the shelf where the tube socket is mounted..
 The cabinet is 44"H x 27"W x 24"D overall.  It has a few scratches and
blemishes as it has been rolling (on casters) around in the garage for
years.  It probably weighs about 150 lbs. with the above described parts.

   There is no part of a plate supply evident... but, I may have a
reallllly great transformer available... please inquire.

    I'm asking $900 for all of the above... plus shipping, if necessary
(which would have to be by truck freight) and you can talk me into it...
I would definitely prefer pickup.  This goody is located 2 miles north of
the LA international airport.

73,
   Marv  WC6W  310 649 3111

*