[AMPS] Ground rods?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Ground rods?
From: RFpower@radiodan.com (Radiodan W7RF)
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 11:24:36 -0700
Hi John,
If you are not using any radials (just the ground rods), then YES it is very
ground lossy!
As per the discussion, ground rods are for DC grounding ONLY! You need an RF
ground (counterpoise) for the vertical. Indeed a vertical antenna (the part
that sticks up vertically) is only HALF of the antenna, the other half is
the radials!

73, Dan Magro W7RF, (President WARC 1999, member SCDXC, SCCC)
Manufacturers Rep & Distributor for HENRY RF Power Amplifiers.
RF Applications Power Measuring equipment, See the VFD!
www.radiodan.com <http://www.radiodan.com>     RFpower@radiodan.com
<mailto:RFpower@radiodan.com> A trip to our web site is worth the click!