SV: [AMPS] The Best Value or Best AMP!

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: SV: [AMPS] The Best Value or Best AMP!
From: sm5ki@algonet.se (Hans Goldschmidt)
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 1999 20:24:45 +0200
You guys have not seen  real linear output circuits until you have seen
STANDARD RADIO SWEDEN old CT 1000 with extremely large roller coils and big
baby-head size JENNINGS vacuumcaps. They are still used in Swedish military
or civil shore to ship radio station. The brittish liner QUEEN ELISABETH had
at one time 4 of them! Why have not all the other ship transmitters, that
were taken out of service because of the new rules in 1993, appeared on the
surplus market? Over 50 000 went to junk or were just thrown over bord! Even
given away if you collected them yourself. A gold mine and for nothing too!
Many of them were other models of STANDARD RADIO ship stations. Many with
extremely big high quality roller coils that in amateur service could take
more than 5 kilowatts. Carrier output that is. Continious! Even
transistorized modern high power transceivers  suddenly had to disappear.
Many had wonderful three-phase c-core power supplies.

73s de Hans SM5KI