[AMPS] apology

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] apology
From: measures@vcnet.com (measures)
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 04:09:46 -0700

>>I am sorry about all this, I was listen more to others than common sense.
>>All is back to normal and it won't happen again.
>>Please let there be peace, and please accept my apology.
>>Thanks 73 Will
>>
>I'd much prefer it if technical matters were argued on technical grounds.
If
>someone disagrees with me then I want to discuss the science, not their
>personality or whether they have changed their view, or their story, in the
>past - that side of it is irrelevant.

true enough.  Science is undoubtedly the main event, Steve.

>Excluding someone from the reflector or imposing a moderator hardly limits
>freedom of speech - there's endless other places where unrestricted
comments
>can be made.

I have no problem with excluded anybody from a privately-owned
mail-server/"reflector".  However,  I do have a problem with those who
want to prevent an excluded person from using his privately-owned
mail-server to present his/her case.  .
Methinks the best censor is one's peers.   The Critical Key to what takes
place here is having one's posts answered by other members of the group.
When this does not occur, the party is over,  Rover.  .

>Perhaps we need two reflectors - amps.technical and amps.personal

A steady diet of technical stuff is as dry as Saturday's toast.  A bit of
tooth and nail, knock-down / drag-out personal feculence can help to
relieve technical boredom .  Like Terry says, there's always the Delete
key.

cheers, Steve

end