[AMPS] Serious debate: Dynamic IMD testing

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Serious debate: Dynamic IMD testing
From: petter.gardin@aerotechtelub.se (petter.gardin@aerotechtelub.se)
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 17:21:42 +0200

Observe the change in topic...

"Ian White, G3SEK" skrev:

> >>  The flaw only shows up during voice modulation.
> >
> >And for repeatable test purposes, who will speak into the microphone ?
> >

> The world clearly needs a standard reference .wav file.
>
> Now who shall we nominate?

Shall we take someone from Japan , deep Texas or even Wales ??

No I think we need to define a dynamic test method that simulates the human
voice.
It has to have the frequency components of speach mixed with the freqency
component
of the syllable frequency.
Another interesting thing is energy content of the different frequency
components .

The dynamic three tone test I mentioned in an earlier post is a step in that
direction, it just have to be defined and agreed upon..

73, Petter SM3PXO

> 73 from Ian G3SEK

>     Editor, 'The VHF/UHF DX Book'
>                           'In Practice' columnist for RadCom (RSGB)
>                            http://www.ifwtech.com/g3sek
>
> --
> FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/ampsfaq.html

Petter Gärdin