[AMPS] Capacitor

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Capacitor
From: philk5pc@tyler.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 17:13:54 -0500
> Agreed.  Sprague made some 1800pF 40kV units that were about 1.8" tall
> and a bit over 2.4" in diameter.  These were not current rated even
> though they worked ok with 4cx10,000As.   Murata makes capacitors for
> continuous DC blocking duty in large amplifiers.
> >
> cheers, Phil

Agreed. I have used several Muratas on several projects with excellent
results. Mine are all white in color, and look like small hockey pucks.
Do not try to force 10 X 32 screws into the threaded ends...they are most
likely Metric. My local hardware specialty  store had the proper screws.

Cheers, Rich....

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC