SV: [AMPS]

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: SV: [AMPS]
From: W0YR@aol.com (W0YR@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 08:29:59 EDT
Well,

My friend, you are missing the point completely.

We do not take kindly to people who break the law in America.  CBers here
(many of them) not only break the law by running illegal power but they boast
about it.

This so-called "CBer Extraordinare", who is NOT a licensed amateur even
though he claims to be, has the timerity to get on a reflector which is
ostensibly for licensed amateurs and boast that he has an amplifier capable
of exceeding not only the CB power limit (5 w.), but egregiously exceed the
1,500 w limit imposed on LICENSED amateurs.

When I called his boast to the attention of Mr. Riley Hollingsworth, the new
"enforcer" for the FCC, this Jeff Wolf non-licensed character, reacted as any
criminal would act.  He denied his wrong-doing and spewed forth foul language
and baseless charges, vituperation and acrimony towards any who dare call him
on his scofflaw behavior.

I, and others dare this CBer to produce his bona-fide amateur license.  He
ain't got one, 10-4?

It would be unfortunate if this reflector should become nothing but a
tit-for-tat exchange on this subject, but I think the battle-lines, if there
has to be one, is pretty well drawn.  You either think it's wrong to operate
outside the law or you don't.

I happen to fall into the latter category which, of course, makes me
something of a saint.  It would seem that this exchange of messages is no
more inane than the 25 or so exchanges on the merits of calibrating an
S-meter.

73

Mike
W0YR