[AMPS] BC610... no 833's

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] BC610... no 833's
From: kc4slk@csrlink.net (Mike Sawyer)
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 22:44:38 -0400
I'll confirm that! Now, to take it one step further, the 100-TH's were
driven by 2A3's! The oscillators were 6L6's. One would expect that with a
plug in coil that the BC-610, (or BEASTLY 610), would be push-pull. But the
truth be known that it only utilized one half of the coil to feed an
unbalanced antenna system. The I-models should be the ones to obtain since
they have mostly hermetically sealed iron as opposed to the open frame ones
of the D- & E-models. I do have a friend of mine that has retrofitted one
with an 833. Its like a TIMEX: It takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.
Mike(y)
W3SLK